As a Community Pub we like to do our bit to promote organisations that bring people together to have fun.
This includes our good friends at BLAGGS.
BLAGSS is a sports and social group that now has around 450 lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgender members from across Brighton and Hove, Sussex and beyond.
Their aim is to encourage LGBT people to play sport. It's as simple as that. Sport is so important because health and fitness is such a vital part of our lives.
Their members are all different shapes, sizes, ages and abilities, and participate in sports as varied as badminton, tennis, squash, golf, table tennis, running, tenpin bowling, football and cycling (and many, many more).
There's also a fantastic social side to BLAGSS. There are over 700 sporting and social meetings every year. Have some fun playing sport and then have a good old chat about it in the pub afterwards. (We know a very good pub to do that bit....).
BLAGSS is a great way to meet people, keep fit, and have fun.
You can also try BLAGSS for free! Come along to your sport of choice with a FREE 1-day membership (court fees may apply). Just go to the relevant sport page on their website (www.blagss.org ) and message the organiser.
After you first try a BLAGSS sport for free you must join BLAGSS in order to continue, membership is just £15 per year and entitles you to:
- continue to play your chosen sport/s within BLAGSS
- try any of the 15 sports and one off events that BLAGSS provides
- attend social events organised by BLAGSS throughout the year
- benefit from grants awarded by BLAGSS for equipment, coaching and development
- get discounts at local retail partners
- be insured for your chosen sport against any public liability claim
For full details check us out at www.blagss.org or for
Facebook - click here